Thursday, August 21, 2008

My trip to the record store



You know those unsuspecting trips to the record store? I have gone to the record store so many times and not bought anything that it isn't a disappointment because I am not looking for anything specific. This trip was actually a time waster between dinner and going out to see Phil Wilson play. My friend's Steve and Nancy were in town and were excited to see Phil after all these years and he wasn't coming to Seattle so this was a good excuse for the 3 hour drive south. So after finishing a delicious meal we drove by the record store. I had been here a hundred times and while there isn't a huge vinyl selection they usually get a decent amount of recent arrivals. I hadn't been in a couple of weeks or so , so the possibilities were okay for some finds. We struck out with the lps and made our way to the mess of a 7" bin. I am going to have to give almost full credit to Nancy and if she hadn't already owned these singles they would surely be in her possession now as she was the one that found almost all of them. To my credit though I did start at the A's and she started at the Various Artists section. What made this one of my best trips to a record store is that all of these were priced at $1 each.


Here they are
1. Ninotchka "I've Got Wings" (this might have been the best find of them all)
2. Versus "Frog" (my old copy was in my bag when is was stolen)
3. Heavenly "She Says" (surprisingly did not have this)
4. Summer Hits "1000 Moments of Natural Flotation"
5. The Dentists "Speak No Evil" (never heard of them until Nancy recommended it)
6. Heavenly "So Little Deserve" (an honest to god Sarah Record)
7. Wedding Present Hit Parade "Go Go Dancer"
8. Wedding Present Hit Parade "Three"
9. Wedding Present Hit Parade "Love Slave"
10. Wedding Present Hit Parade "Sticky"
11. Wedding Present Hit Parade "The Queen of Outerspace"
12. Wedding Present Hit Parade "No Christmas"

Finding an actual Sarah Record single in the record stores here in Portland is really rare. The only problem being that now I need to find the other 7 Wedding Present Hit Parade singles. Oh Nancy did end up with a few 7"s that she was looking for. One especially nice find being the Spinanes first single "Suffice".

2 comments:

Sean said...

That is amazing! They were only $1 ea?

magicmarker said...

yup. those cost me $12 no sales tax even.