Monday, August 25, 2008

Martin has left the building

I heard from Martin from The Faintest Ideas and he said he has quit the band and that as far as he knew the rest of the guys were still figuring out whether to continue or what exactly they were going to do. The Faintest Ideas recently did a make shift tour while traveling down to the Athen's popfest. After the Columbus,OH show Martin proclaimed via myspace/facebook that he was done. I love the Faintest Ideas and I thought the record we put out was definitely one of the best releases I had heard two years ago but yeah thats me. Completely indie pop and completely catchy. Their record was even on heavy rotation on KEXP which I think they have been our only band that has ever done that. They were sort of the band that while they were the greatest guys and big pop fans themselves sort just barely kept it together to be brilliant. It seemed like they could just as easily fall apart as pull it together to be spectacular. Well as you many have figured out after apparently no one in Columbus went to see them they weren't exactly hugely popular. Hopefully those that got a chance to see them appreciated it. 2 years ago when they played SXSW they made it through about 15 minute set before Martin, who was terribly ill, immediately left the stage to go vomit.

I tip my hat to you Martin and The Faintest Ideas. Clearly class acts all the way.

1 comment:

Dan Cook said...

Class act is right. I saw them in Boston and it was a phenomenal show. Their record on mmr is one of my favorites in a long time. I will miss them if they do break up. A great bunch of guys playing awesome music.

I hope they stay together, but it won't be the same without Martin.