Friday, May 16, 2008

When summer began the thunderstorms came



First of all i wanted to comment that two blog posts in two weeks is pretty good. Second of all given all that, I am straight up stealing this post from Fred Thomas' blog City Center. There are a lot of good songs on his blog that most of them will never show up anywhere else. He post regularly with half songs and experimentations for that day that sound great even in their rawest form. The song i am posting today is a song he recorded 2 years ago at the K records studio that he never finished. I am not a recording engineer but he states on his blog that it isn't mixed and that the 8 track tape broke but this song just sounds beautiful whatever state it is in. I have been listening to it on repeat while drinking my morning cup of coffee and It just feels like one of those life changing songs. I am not sure what Fred is trying to express here or dissecting the lyrics but to me it just feels so epic and grand that I am swept up in the whole thing. As his blog goes on to say a live version will show up on a Australian release sometime this summer but i am happy that his blog rescued this gem from import rarity. It is going to be hot weekend in Portland so much time may be spent in the basement. BOAT is coming through town and I think they have enlisted Ricky from the Galactic Heroes on saxophone and everyone on shakers. Have a great weekend and checkout Fred's blog.

Saturday Looks Good To Me "When We Die There Will Be More"

No comments: